Monday, December 11, 2006

bbq'd out


This weekend was busy but fab. Saturday started with going to the Carn-ee-val-ee (that's how you say it here and it's weird!), it's just plain old carn-e-val* where I am from.. Anyhoo, we got there early and everyone was getting ready to start the day. It was so much fun, face painting, art exhibition, jumping castle, cookie making (you go Ruth), BBQ (number one) sausage sizzle and a maze. We had so much fun, I even jumped on the jumping castle with WH when no kids were around. Apparently after we went it really took off (hope that isn't because we left :( ) All in all a good day was had, many visitors, scripture kids and Adventure Club kids came - praise God that we have many talented and gifted people who helped plan and organise this and that many people came along to enjoy the day.

Next up SP and I had a friend's little girls 1st birthday (BBQ number two) that was really fun, she is such a cutie - we got her a little t-shirt with "Life of the party' written on it.

Then...... BBQ number three, was in the evening. A couple from church had invited numerous people over BYO meat to have dinner, this was fun. I got to catch up with people I haven't properly chatted to in a while and I found out one of my lovely scrummy friends is having a baby - Congrats to the McQ's..

Sunday arvo I went to hang out with the lovely Ruth and her boys, we had cookies, played music and danced, Ruth read the Christmas story and then they gave SP and I a little pressie - I love it, thanks so much!

Last night at church we had the most awesome night, a great sermon, church was packed out, new people were there and the music was amazing. We sang In Christ Alone - one of my absolute favourites and it rocked, everyone was singing with all their hearts and it sounded fab.

Guess what we doing tonight? - BBQ number four :(

*will post some pictures soon

1 comment:

Ruth said...

YOu are sooooo going to miss the summer BBQ thing when you go back to ENgland. Man, I'm feeling sorry for you!