Tuesday, December 12, 2006

did you know?

  • It is impossible to lick your elbow.
  • A crocodile can't stick its tongue out.
  • A shrimp's heart is in its head.
  • In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand.
  • It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
  • A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
  • More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
  • The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
  • If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. If you keep your eyes open by force, they can pop out.
  • Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
  • Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
  • If the USA government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?
  • In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
  • Horses can't vomit.
  • A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
  • 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.
  • Most lipstick contains fish scales.
  • Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.
  • Over 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.

8 comments:

Dave Miers said...

The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.

i couldn't even get the first word out when i tried this one!!! pretty twisty!!

Over 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.

I DIDN'T!!!! That's probably because I've tried it plenty of times before!!

Tracy said...

I don't believe some of these. They smack of internet rumor.

But I agree about that tongue twister. I get halfway through it in my head and I get stuck. I haven't even tried to say it out loud.

Nixter said...

I didn't do the elbow one either but that's because I have tried it before. My work mate did though :)

Priscilla said...

Interesting list. My reaction to some of them was that they were utter nonsense.

I didn't try to lick my elbow because I am much too refined to do that sort of thing! lol!

Nixter said...

LOL Priscilla. You are very refined!

emily said...

This is too weird. Last night my room mate was looking for jokes to use for a class lesson and came across a website that had a bunch of random things, and these were all on that!! Did you get this from a website?! What is funny is that we both tried to lick our elbows! And I made her send me the link so that I could post some of them on my blog. Isn't that weird!?!?

Nixter said...

That is wierd and yes I did get them from a website the other day - too strange.

Could you lick your elbow?

T said...

okay I didn't lick my elbow , but I thought about it hard!