Tuesday, August 28, 2007

5 more sleeps

Yes folks, only 5 more sleeps until our holiday and boy do we need it! Each weekend goes by so fast, we are tired and NEED this holiday so much!!!

We had a lovely but quick weekend with SP's family, we got to see our beautiful niece (not being biased but she is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen), she is getting big, she has BIG blue eyes, long eye lashes and the chubbiest cheeks you ever did see. I am going to post some pictures up tonight, I got some lovely shots of her...

It is always relaxing going to SP's parents house, we went to the fruit and veg markets, had coffee, watched football, played tennis, cuddled one cute little girl, showed our wedding DVD and generally had a good time. I love my in-laws so much, they really are such a blessing....

If you could please pray for my Nan who is in hospital, she is having trouble going to the bathroom, she had bowel cancer a number of years ago and is now suffering from a form of dementeur which has her on many drugs. So now she is in hospital, the doctors seem to think she will be fine, they did some checks and didn't find anything serious which is good. I think after what happened to Mrs S a few months ago I am worried that something like that will happen, I think I am especially worried as I know we are going away. It's hard being so far away and it makes me wonder - have I seen her enough, do I call them enough etc. I spoke to them both last week as it was their 57th wedding anniversary - impressive huh! But as you grow and as you start your own family things change, I am not the little girl that used to spend nearly every weekend at their house, making cherry and apple pies but still I am their grand-daughter and I do love them dearly, it's just different (esp living on the other side of the world). I have more to write on this, I want to capture some of those memories I have so I can share them with my kids... Please pray for her if you can! Also pray for my Gan-Gan (grand-dad) who looks after my Nan pretty much by himself - it's a tough job but he does it!

Not much else to report but only 3 more days at work which is an exciting thought, knowing that should get me through the week....

No comments: