Tuesday, October 21, 2008

arggghhhhh

This Saturday and the following Saturday SP and I will probably be in the following states:

Horrified
Excited
Terrified
Inadequate
Scared
Thrilled

No we are not going on any roller coaster rides at Dreamworld - come on people I am pregnant. We are going to our antenatal classes which in and of itself maybe a bit of a roller coaster ride!

Luckily our friends D and L who are also expecting a little one two weeks after us are also coming so that should make is fun and hysterical!

I hear there are videos. That should be interesting!

I have actually been at two births - my 'much younger than me' half sister and a friend of my Mum's who called Mum up when she went into labour asking her to come and I didn't want to stay home alone in the middle of the night so I went too.

Watching the births was so amazing, I remember the first time just crying at how awesome and special it was.

I have a feeling it is going to be a little different being the other end for the birth. I am sure those emotions will come but you have to get through the pain and agony of getting the baby out first!

I am feeling rather calm and collected about it all at the moment, this might change once I have been on these classes. All I know is that this little one has to come out one way or another, neither way is particularly attractive but they do HAVE to come out.

I think God was very clever - before I was pregnant the thought of having a baby freaked me out, but now as I get bigger and more uncomfortable it's up on my top ten list of things to do.

1. Have baby so can get my body back and not feel as uncomfortable anymore!*

I can't wait to meet this little one God has so blessed us with - I hope the next 8 weeks doesn't go by too slowly.

*of course first and foremost we want Squiggly to stay in and cook as much as possible before coming out - so 8 weeks is the aim, but at 8 weeks I will be ready with bells on!

No comments: