Wednesday, October 22, 2008

chicken noodle soup and lemon grass

On Monday night I decided to try a 'new' recipe which was 'Chicken Noodle Soup'.

I always wonder when making a new recipe how it's going to turn out, I have done it a few times in the past few months and ended up really disappointed with the results and then wished I had just cooked something that I knew tasted good. Especially when you have taken so much time in making it!

But this Monday was an exception. I gave this new recipe a go and it was a hit. It only took about 25 minutes to cook but it took a while to slice and chop all the ingredients to go in the dish. I even used a new ingredient that I had never used before 'lemon grass'.

SP really enjoyed it and as he has a bit of a head cold at the moment it was the perfect dish for him to have.

Tonight would be a good night to make it as it is a chilly Spring day! But I think I will leave it and cook it again in the next few weeks.

I find it hard after working all day and particularly now being pregnant to use my energy shopping for new ingredients and trying new meals. I just want to get in and out of the supermarket as fast I can.

One thing I am really looking forward to when I finish work in 5.5 days is getting the recipe books out and trying some new dishes! Bring it on!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

After all that, you didn't give us the recipe?