Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Cockney Quiz


Do you know your rhyming slang from your Queen's English? Take this quiz and discover if you belong in the East End or Buckingham Palace*.




Q1) What is a "Lady Godiva"?


a. Saliva
b. Chocolate
c. A fiver

Q2) What is "Moby Dick" slang for?

a. Flick
b. Trick
c. Sick

Q3) What is a "syrup of figs"?

a. A wig
b. A jig
c. A gig

Q4) What is "two and eight" slang for?

a. A state (anguish)
b. A plate
c. A fete

Q5) What is an "oily rag"?

a. A fag (cigarette)
b. A bag
c. A mag (magazine)

Q6) What are "Lionel Blairs"?

a. Hairs
b. Flares (trousers)
c. Stairs

Q7) What is a "China plate"?

a. A date
b. A crate
c. A mate

Q8) What is a "boat race"?

a. A face
b. A case
c. A chase

Q9) What is a "Ruby Murray"?

a. A worry
b. A hurry
c. A curry

Q10) What is a "whistle and flute"?

a. A suit
b. Cute
c. Loot

*no cheating on the internet place - let's see how good you really are ;)

6 comments:

Tracy said...

I have no idea! But I am quite curious.

Anonymous said...

OK, here goes:

1a
2b
3a
4c
5c
6c
7a
8b
9c
10a

I didn't know any of them, of course - they're all guesses.

Priscilla said...

I'm sorry...I guess I'm an American.

Nixter said...

I will reveal the answers but I need a few more guesses first. Good work John D, I will let you know how many you got right soon...

Anonymous said...

1c
2b
3a
4c
5c
6b
7a
8c
9b
10a

????

They are my guesses, I have no idea!

BSJ-rom said...

Maybe...

1c
2b
3a
4a
5a
6c
7c
8b
9b
10a