Thursday, March 29, 2007

mr and mrs roach

We have had some new room mates move into our unit - uninvited tenants I might add. Mr and Mrs Roach, Cock-Roach and their family moved into our toaster. Ewwwwwwwww.

I have seen a few more cockroaches than usual around the house and I absolutely hate them with a passion - we don't have them in England thank-goodness but we have them in abundance here in Australia. In our old unit we had way more and since we have been living into our new place we have been relatively 'cockroach free'. I am a massive bleach freak so that helps keep them away BUT lately we have noticed a rise in the number of cockroaches we have been seeing. I brought some little poison traps but not sure they have been working. So today on my first Thursday off I was cleaning and bleaching and I lifted up the toaster (yes I bleach the toaster, I am a bleach freak) I turned it upside down as I saw one, to see a whole family living in our toaster. I couldn't believe it I immediately got out the spray to kill the little bugs - yes I even sprayed the kids. THEY BREED! I spent the next half an hour waiting for them to come out and killed them. HA HA HA HA HA!

I don't know what it is with me and bugs but I really don't like them. I have given Mr and Mrs Roach an eviction notice - they are moving out. I am going to get SP to dismantle our lovely stainless steel toaster tonight to ensure that the remains of any cockroaches can be removed.

I was going to post up a picture of a cockroach but they are too creepy and disgusting that I couldn't do it.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Yucky!! That is so gross that they were under your toaster. It's best not to think about it too much...

Nixter said...

Yucky indeed, I think I am going to have to get a new toaster, the thought of cockroaches on toast are not appealing to me at all.

Bonnie said...

Our cockroach family colonised the microwave, kettle and toaster! Anywhere warm they LOVE. ewwwwwwwww.

So we threw out the cordless kettle (they lived in the base) and the microwave stays unplugged until we need to use it.

We also had a pest man come. He sprayed around the skirting boards and put bits of brown gloggy stuff in the hinges in the kitchen cupboards and guess what?! only a few days later it was coackroach holocaust. They were all gone! I can't recommend getting your placed sprayed highly enough. We now only have the odd 1 or 2 ver ysliggis hadn obviously sick roachies. yippee! :-D

Nixter said...

Thanks Bonnie for the tips.

In our old place they lived under our kettle too - EWWWWWWWWWW indeed. I don't think there can be enough EWWWWWWWWW's when it comes to cockroaches. So maybe I will get the cockroach killer around, was it expensive and who did you call?

Cockroach Busters? ;)

Priscilla said...

Wouldn't it have been easier just to turn on the toaster? You would have had roach-crispies! LOL!

Nixter said...

LOL I was thinking cockroachs on toast might have been a nice afternoon snack ;)

Nixter said...

LOL I was thinking cockroachs on toast might have been a nice afternoon snack ;)

Bonnie said...

Not sure how much it was or who it was. Our landlord had all 4 flats in the building done and paid for it all to! I love our landlord :-D

Nixter said...

Thanks for that Bonnie, I am certainly going to look into it. Are you the Bonnie that goes to CIM?