Friday, June 01, 2007

the harry potter dilemma

I have just started reading the fourth Harry Potter, I decided to start reading through them again before the new book comes out in July BUT I only really read on the bus and so I am not as far along as I would like to be. The question is, do I

a. Keep working through the next 3 gigantic books until I finish and then read book 7, even if it is in November?

b. Just keep reading until book 7 comes out and then read that straight away?

I have read the books before but it was a long time ago - so I want to refresh my mind as to what happens...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm facing the same dilema Nixter. I'm just reading as much as I can before the next one comes out and then when it does I'll read it straight away. Someone will spoil it for me otherwise...

Nixter said...

That's exactly what I was thinking Lairdy - I think I might have to do the same. It's cool reading the books a second time as there were heaps of things I can see now having already read them - I am never going to get throgh them before the end of July though ;(

Anonymous said...

Me neither - I had hoped to when I began but I've only had time to read two. I plan to start number 3 this weekend...

Mattt said...

Just call in sick for a couple of days and you should knock off about 1 big one per day ;)

I hadn't thought about re-reading. I think I'll just wait for the new one. I should really read my Bible more often rather than starting another fiction book.

Anonymous said...

Nixter - don't give up - read faster!!!! I would just double my reading regime to make sure I finished before the next book comes out in July! You can do it. (I suppose I don't work, so that makes it easier for me), but I still think you can do it. Go Nixter, Go!!!!

Although, if you must, I would definitely read the new one when it came out, regardless of where I was up to in the older ones. It's part of the Potter fun!

Nixter said...

Thanks for the encouragement Ruth - maybe I CAN DO IT. I will try and do some reading at night too maybe - will let you know how I go ;)

Nixter said...

Thanks for the great idea Matt, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I too should be reading my bible more often - maybe I can take some sick days for that too ;)