Tuesday, June 12, 2007

weekend at the in-laws

Well I am back from what was a lovely weekend at SP's parents house, we had the place to ourselves from Saturday morning to Monday morning as SP's parents went away for the weekend - we were responsible for the animals - Georgie the Cat, Dudley the Dog and the two chickens - Egglitine and I can't remember the other one. We had dinner with the in-laws on Friday night and then had lunch with them yesterday so we got to spend some time with them which was nice, they are so great, I really am blessed to have such fantastic in-laws.

It was a bit hairy driving on Friday night as we have had severe flooding in NSW - not in the area I live, although the rain and wind was really bad but it has been extremely bad about 2 hours up the coast. We had to drive in awful weather and I wasn't the most relaxed passenger which I am sure SP appreciated - NOT. SP's aunt and uncle lost their cars (water damage), their cat (drowned under the house) and their office was totally flooded, the whole area was declared a 'natural disaster'. Please pray for the people who have lost their homes and for the families of the nine people who lost their lives (5 of which were from 1 family - very sad).

On a lighter note we got to meet our beautiful (I am not at all biased) niece Jasmine Grace and I got to have many a cuddle, I have some great shots which I shall put up in a slide show tonight. We played tennis, watched movies, went out to dinner (got our meals free), hung out with family, I knitted and knitted some more and we went to church on Sunday with my sister-in-law (we believe she is now a Christian - Praise God) and her hubby (definitely a Christian - Praise God) they go to a Brethren church - it was really quite cool. It was a relaxing time and it was great that we didn't hit too much traffic on the way there or on the way home - not bad for a long weekend.

Back to the gym tomorrow - it's been over a month now since we have been regularly and I am feeling yuck about not going - pray that SP and I might get our lazy bottoms out of bed and back to the gym regularly, it's so hard getting back into a routine when you have been out of one for so long!

I finished my first scarf and I am on to my next one which is for my Mum - woo hoot!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Thanks Queenie for having a birthday, even if it was in April ;)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the flooding. It sounds awful. I'm glad you had a nice visit with your in-laws, though.

Nixter said...

Thanks Tracy it was lovely.