Monday, June 04, 2007

hobbies

When I was little I had no brothers and sisters and so I go to join various groups, I got a guitar which I saved up for, had a few lessons at school and then I got bored and gave it up! When I was very little I wanted to do ballet so I could have one of those cute little tu-tu's - got the tu-tu had a few lessons, gave it up! I also got a keyboard which I loved playing and also had some lessons - then I got bored and gave it up! I also went and did ballroom lessons - didn't buy anything to do that but gave it up! I then join WODY'S - Worcester Operatic and Dramatic Youth Society - this was on Saturday mornings and I loved it - I gave it up because I got a Saturday job - but not before I got to be in Gilbert and Sullivan's 'HMS Pinafore' - it was so fun - I loved it..

So now as I get older I am not quite as bad as I was when I was younger but I do get excited at learning new things - my latest endeavours which I am very keen to continue in are tennis (I have been having lessons and improving) knitting (knitting myself a scarf at the moment) and photography (getting the dummy book read but haven't read any for a little while). I am pretty committed to these new hobbies and I am enjoying them very much.

5 comments:

Lara said...

I started ballet as a kid, but only lasted one class. I did physie for a year, but hated it. Apparently I also did gymnastics, but I don't even remember that! The only things I kept up were netball (8 years) and piano (about 15 years of lessons all up).

I'm trying to learn to knit as well. Seems like a good winter hobby!!

Tracy said...

Nice hobbies, Nix. I didn't find so many interests when I was a kid. Or we didn't have the money to pursue them when I did get some harebrained idea. I took piano lessons for three years for free because I was my teachers first student and guinea pig.

Priscilla said...

We never had a lot of money to pursue a lot of things...nor the encouragement of our parents. Artists seem to be prevalent in my family and Dad always drew with us. This really fostered my love of art. There were always tons of classes in school to take too. When I was a teen I finally convinced my mother to let me take piano lessons.

Hobbies are important and very healthy.

Crazyjedidiah said...

I love Gilbert and Sullivans. I have a dvd of Opera Australias HMS Pinafore and Trial by Jury. It is really good.

Nixter said...

Yeah knitting certainly seems to be a good winter hobby indeed.

That's worth being a guinea pig for Tracy ;)

You are a fab artist Priscilla.

Never seen that crazy but sounds good.